Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

buying a piece of land near town centre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying a piece of land near town centre

Hello all,
    I am new here.
    I am considering to buy a piece of land near town centre in walsal. I would like to build a care home on it in next 4- years time. Can some one please advise me on:
    a) would there be any business rates/council tax payable till a care home is built on it? If yes, how much would it be?
    b) Will there be any recurring cost for the land till I keep it.

Re: buying a piece of land near town centre

If you need to ask questions like these you should not be even thinking of doing this.
    leave it to the professionals.

But to answer what will be the first of many questions:
    As far as I am aware, no council tax will be due on land unless it is used for a business such as as a car park for example.
    You will need to fence off the land and you must have public liability insurance to cover you incase someone gets injured on your property.
    If the land has connected services such as a water supply you will have to pay standing charges for these.
    BRAND NEW HOMES
    Information for UK new home buyers
    New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

Working...
    X