Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.


No announcement yet.

Advice sought - Error in Developer documents

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Advice sought - Error in Developer documents

    I bought a property from Crosby Lend Lease in Manchester

    I paid the deposit and received confirmation of a double parking space with the apartment.

    My solicitor subsequently showed me a plan with a red line around 2 spaces. The purchase proceeded

    3 years later, when I come to sell, it appears that the developer's solicitors filed a plan with the land registry showing only a single space. My sale fell through.

    I have been in correspondence with a number of solicitors (the developers themselves only talk through the solicitors) since. It appears my case is watertight - but it could cost £10,000 to go through courts.

    So any advice on what I should do? The parking space itself is not worth £10,000. I also don't have £10,000 spare and don't want to pay money to get something I have already bought once.

    Other info:
    Because of the location of the space, no-one else can access it except by going through my space - it it is worthless to anyone else - but still worth £5,000-10,000 to me/a buyer of the appartment/front space

    I'm happy to share documentation if anyone can assist

    Many thanks

  • #2
    Re: Advice sought - Error in Developer documents

    Have you got Legal Fees cover as part of your home insurance?
    If so this may be able to take on your case fee free for you.

    The builder is clearly at fault and has sold something entirely different to what you were told you were buying. Raise a complaint using the Consumer Code for Housebuilders,, dispute resolution scheme. It will only cost you £120 to do so and you get this back when you win.

    The builder has also broken the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 and
    The Business Protection from Misleading Marketing Regulations 2008.

    You should inform your local tradings standards office.
    Information for UK new home buyers
    New Home Blog The latest news and views