Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.


No announcement yet.

New Alterations with Indemnity in Place

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Alterations with Indemnity in Place

    I bought a repossession property approx 2 years ago that had a 2 storey extension to the side of the property and a single storey extension across the whole rear of the house. This building work was done approx 4 years ago. Planning permission was obtained by the previous owner but not signed off by building regs. I bought an indeminity policy when buying the house. I now want to convert the loft and add a dormer window to the rear of the house. I think that this falls within permitted development but will need to be signed off by building control. Am i going to create problems with regards to the previous works not being signed off by approaching the local authority about new works, i keep reading the term 'putting the council on notice' that could invalidate the indemnity policy. Sorry for the long post - but i have searched everywhere and have not been able to find any similar questions that have been answered. Many thanks.