Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Altering a covenant on a deed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Altering a covenant on a deed

I've converted a property into 2 flats with full planning consent from the council. I am the freeholder however on the original deed there is a 33 year old covenant that was put in when the property was sold initially to the council owner that says the property can only be used as a single family dwelling.

Who do I contact to change this covenant? The council don't see to help at all or even know what this is in reference to.

Re: Altering a covenant on a deed

Don't try to contact anyone - wait until the conversion is 12 months old and a restrictive covenant indemnity policy should be easily available - but might not be if you go fishing around trying to find the beneficiaries of the covenant.
    RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
    As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

Working...
    X