Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barratt Homes - ideal investment in Coventry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barratt Homes - ideal investment in Coventry

Award-winning house builder, Barratt Homes, is introducing CV One in Lower Ford Street, Coventry. The development is suitably located within walking distance of all Coventry’s amenities as well as the bus and train stations. Furthermore, it is just minutes from Coventry University, making the properties ideal homes for students, young professionals working in the [...]

More: Barratt Homes - ideal investment in Coventry

Just be bloody careful with Barratt Homes - as with many national builders, the build quality can be quite awful. I'm having to completely replace my double glazing because of poor quality issues on my Barratts property.

Comment

A friend of mine just bought a Barratt house and has had a few problems too. Be careful...

Comment

Originally posted by brian View Post
        Just be bloody careful with Barratt Homes - as with many national builders, the build quality can be quite awful. I'm having to completely replace my double glazing because of poor quality issues on my Barratts property.

Brian - I agree completely, my windows, doors seem to be substandard. Im still waiting for NHBC to get back to me.

Comment

If the house is less than 2 years old, you shold be fine - the NHBC guarantees
          finishing for two years.

After that, though, NHBC only deals with structural issues. We moved into a Barratts house when it was only 4 years old, but has had an amazing number of problems.

Comment

Beware of Buying Barratt !!

Barratt Buyers Beware - you may have big problems with your new Barratt house, suffer from extensive problems and serious defects with your Barratt home and end up like me living with water penetration, ill fitting doors, wobbly bannisters, showers leaking... the list is endless. Also you will have inept service, no emergency call out and a whole host of excuses.
            Think Carefully !!!

Comment

To be honest, all the new build houses are exposed to these problems - which seem dependent on the quality of the sub-contractors being used.

I raised an issue of cracks in the mortar on the exterior walls with Barratt's recently, and they did actually come out and fix it a couple of months later - even though it's not technically covered by the NSBC.

Any NHBC registered developer should correct issues in a reasonable time frame, but you do need to provide your concerns in writing, and also realise it may take a few weeks to be corrected, rather than days,

2c.

Comment

i'm first time buyer, last few months i visited over 10 newly develop blocks. i saw barratt's home conditions depend on areas and developer also. as example wembley and kew. Wembley one really bad , but kew flats in good conditions. i think all depend on construction company.
                Clerkenwell Property | London Property

Comment

Working...
                X