Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to make a start.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to make a start.....

Hi I am currently looking for a apprenticeship or some form of work which would help further my education. I am currently studying for a Btec National Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment. In this course I have studied many different subjects from graphic designing of buildings through to construction technology and project management. In the first year of the course I completed this to a Distinction Star Level and also hope to receive similar to this in my second year. After college I hope to either go to university or first complete a HND before starting a degree in a subject such as Property Management or Construction Management.
    For many years I have had a interest in property. This stemmed from been taken round show homes as a young child. I also have a keen interest in the property market, and although I have not been able to be involved very much with this sort of subject on my college course I have been very interested in researching this away from my studies.
    During my college course I have also been involved in a voluntary work placement which I found myself. This was with a Lincolnshire based Estate Agents called Estate Agents Lincolnshire which I attended two days a week for four months. This gave me a great insight into the property market and general estate agency as I was able to participate in many different general estate agency duties ranging from general office work through to showing buyers around properties.
    In my free time I am a keen rugby player and also for many years had a interest in model engineering. For nearly a decade I was a regular member of the Stockholes Farm Miniature Railway Society until a recent house move although I am still a active member and attend and help out whenever I can. During my membership at Stockholes Farm I won the Southern Federation Young Model Engineer of the Year Award. This award is for a member which showed a special interest in their society and was seen as to have given a huge input . For this I was nominated by the society before been chosen out of many young Model engineers by a panel of judges.
    Although I am only eighteen I believe I have a very mature attitude and also enjoy working in a team environment. Also I enjoy working with different people and also working to targets. I would love the chance to be able to prove myself and work to the best of my ability in a highly reputable and professional company.
    Although I would love the opportunity to prove myself with such as an apprenticeship with your company, any ideas advice or ideas for the future would be greatly appreciated.
    Josh Hague

Re: Trying to make a start.....

Do you really want a large Student debt for a University Degree in Construction or Property Management?
    You would be better off going to work for a house builder and work you way up.
    BRAND NEW HOMES
    Information for UK new home buyers
    New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

Re: Trying to make a start.....

Originally posted by New Homes Expert View Post
      Do you really want a large Student debt for a University Degree in Construction or Property Management?
      You would be better off going to work for a house builder and work you way up.
      Thats sound advice, two of my cousins did exactly that, one of them now has his own business which has a very good reputation, the other works for one of the big firms as a supervisor, they both consider their first move being the best decision they ever made.

get in on the ground floor.

Comment

Working...
      X