Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighting for planning application at committee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TW Isadore
    replied
    Re: Fighting for planning application at committee

Hey,

The precedent has been set to build a garage - would this be attached / detached? - worst case scenario (refusal) take it to appeal - obtaining a third party review of the situation is extremely beneficial, plus you learn alot more as the Planning Inspectorate do not feed into the political background in your area.

PINS may decide to partly accept the proposal (e.g. return the building into one single dwelling wothout the extension). If the design / materials are sound / benefitting the property / area - PINS would not prevent this from happening.

I am no expert in conservation areas, however I have dealt with numerous extensions within them. Good luck.

TW Isadore

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Solistankoff
    replied
    Re: Fighting for planning application at committee

Planning commissions are a pain. I have no specific advice other than you have to be focused and patient.

Leave a comment:

• Sibaryan
    started a topic Fighting for planning application at committee

Fighting for planning application at committee

We bought a large locally listed building in a conservation area which had been derelict for many years and was divided as flats. We are looking to transform the property back to a single dwelling with a two storey side and rear extension. We have worked with planners and conservation officers at our LPA and thought everything was progressing well. However we have NFH who have started a campaign against us to stop the application. They have lobbied local MPs, brought all local conservation societies to object against us and are door knocking neighbours to write in objections.

The case is going to planning committee and naturally we are worried given the level of objection. Our NFH dont work and spend all day devoted to bullying us and stopping the application being granted. The conservation society and NFH are arguing that they want nothing to ever be built on the side of the house. Previously planning was granted for a garage at the side and single storey extension although this may have expired. Its is also worth mentioning that we have a restrictive covenant on development although I have spoken to the development company who first implemented the covenant and they have agreed to waiver interest. However the land is no longer held by them and I am unclear if the new landowners have enforcement power at planning committee given they are the LA.

Does anyone have experience of successfully arguing at planning committee, and/or side extensions in conservation areas or to locally listed buildings and can offer tips? Likewise any advice regarding the case of enforcing restrictive convenants if the initial landowners have granted permission?
Working...
X