Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rules and Regulations abroad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules and Regulations abroad.

I am currently thinking of moving over to either Spain or France in the next 6 months and would like to build my own house over there. Now I know in this country new builds have to meet certain building regulations and that you need planning permission. I just need to know if the same rules apply abroad? I have checked many sites but cant find any information about it. I did find a useful site, I cant put a link as im new but it only has information on the UK anyway.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
    Building Regulations

Re: Rules and Regulations abroad.

Thr rules in Spain and France are more political than to do with building regulations.
    In Spain ther have been problems with people buying land and building on it only to find out after that the land is not theirs. be careful!

Regarding building standards you should be able to get hold of any country's codes via the internet. (I am not going to do it for you!)

Most EU members should follow the same regulations however some dont!
    BRAND NEW HOMES
    Information for UK new home buyers
    New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

I can't help with any information about Spain but if you want some information about building regulations in France, I suggest that you Google "Anglo Info Dordorgne", then go to "Building and Renovation" and scroll down. Happy reading!

Comment

I agree with New Homes Expert, spain is a mine field of politica nonsens, and yes you can loose every thing, there are some good soliciters who speacilize in this are so would be worth pickig up the yellow pages.
        www.tradesmanschoice.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Trades MASTER View Post
          I agree with New Homes Expert, spain is a mine field of politica nonsens, and yes you can loose every thing, there are some good soliciters who speacilize in this are so would be worth pickig up the yellow pages.

Is there anywhere you can go for spelling tutoring?
          BRAND NEW HOMES
          Information for UK new home buyers
          New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

Working...
          X