Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Build Planning Permission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Build Planning Permission

I am currently looking into the idea of designing and building my own house. Now I am a complete novice with this type of thing and I am trying to get a little bit of info on what rules and regulations there are for new build planning. I can only imagine how much many avenues I am going to have to go down, but any helpful hints or information would be greatly appreciated. Plus it will get the other half off my back!

Re: New Build Planning Permission

Thats what I have had to do. I liked the idea of doing most of it myself but couldn't get my head round some of the things to do with the design and planning permission side of things. Hopefully it should all be finalised in the next month or so.

Comment

You could try looking at the following site: Just Ask Dino . There is a page all about building regulations and planning permission. It may have what your looking for on there mate.

Hope this helps
      Last edited by daveyjones; 30-06-2011, 02:20 PM. Reason: Mistake of spelling
      Building Regulations

Comment

How about Govt Portal it has all the legal advice

Comment

Finding the land is the hardest part. As soon as it is a sigle plot up goes the price.
          Think of paying NO MORE than 30% of the price the house built on the plot is likely to sell for. 25% would be better./

Some agents price land as high as 60%. meaning there is nothing in it for the self builder.
          Go to BuildStore Financial Services Ltd | Self Build, Renovation, Plots of Land for Sale for all about self build.
          BRAND NEW HOMES
          Information for UK new home buyers
          New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

Hey,

Watch out for those suprising S106 tariffs!

Best wishes

TW Isadore

Comment

I bought a brilliant book on new builds from Woolworths, definately buy some published literature and look it up

Comment

Spend some time viewing Kevin McLeod's "Grand Designs" programme and two common denominators run through 80% of the programs:- The Stress of the whole experience and the cost overruns. Before you build give some serious consideration to these points.Good luck.

Comment

Use an Approved Inspector for Bg Regs, they are so much more helpful and flexible than Council Bg Ctl.

Comment

Working...
                  X