Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sewage Overflowed into my Appartment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sewage Overflowed into my Appartment

Hi
    Looking for some advice.
    Sewage from overhead appartments leaked under the floors of my appartment when a waste stack burst.
    The block insurance are prepared the structural damage but not the damage to my furnishings etc.
    Is this right? They said i should claim on my contents insurance (dont have any).
    Surely it has notting to do with any of my insurancesas none of the sewage is mine.
    Also concerned about contamination.
    Anybody got ant advice as I am very concerned.

Please Help iof you can!

Re: Sewage Overflowed into my Appartment

This could go either way, They will of course tell you its not their problem, but, don't let it lie. Get some legal advice from an accredited buildings solicitor ASAP, they'll be your best bet. Also get in touch with your local authority environmental health dept. and explain that your worried about contamination.

Take photo's if you haven't already and give it a good disinfect and clean (if you havent already done so).

Comment

Re: Sewage Overflowed into my Appartment

Leaks form flats above are unfortuanately a common occurrance.

My advice would be to contact the Buildings Insurance provider as this is a defect in the building. Unless the leak ewas a result of damage to the pipe by the occupant in the fklat above (then you need to get them to pay) the Buildings insuarcne should have cover for third party liabilities.
      BRAND NEW HOMES
      Information for UK new home buyers
      New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

Working...
      X