Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nhbc certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nhbc certificate

We are self builders how do we apply for the NHBC certificate and is this the bext one.

Re: Nhbc certificate

The NHBC can do a Buildmark Warranty for self-builders.

It is generally considered to be the best one and is now almost the only one now Zurich have ceased their "Zurich Building Guarantee"
    BRAND NEW HOMES
    Information for UK new home buyers
    New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

Hi, I read your reply about the NHBC. Would you be able to give me some advice on my property. My house is just 3 years old, when we moved in first I noticed the driveway started to crack and subside. I immediately reported it to the builder. He came out and inspected it. He said it was just minor and wouldnt get any worse. However it started getting worse so i rang him again and he came out, he then told me all of the 12 houses in my estate were subsiding and needed the driveway fixed. He said he would do them all together. I have been on at him for the past 3 years,he kept saying to relax and that they will all get sorted together. Then Jan 2012 just gone work started on the properties on my estate, except mine. I was told to contact NHBC and they said its in the 3 years and Driveways are not covered unless I had reported it to the bulder within the first 2 years. The builder said he never heard from me, I have phone records to prove that I have rang him but the NHBC doesnt want to know. Would you have any advise as what we could do next?

Thanks,
      Brian.

Comment

I have phone records to prove that I have rang him but the NHBC doesnt want to know.
        The obvious thing to do was to put such an important matter in writing wasn't it?
        RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
        As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

Agree, you made the classic mistake of NOT putting it in writing.
          And you were not persistant with the builder either.
          Now you will have pay for any repairs to the driveway yourself.
          BRAND NEW HOMES
          Information for UK new home buyers
          New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

Working...
          X