Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could i Sell Plot A.s.a.p?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could i Sell Plot A.s.a.p?

Hi All
    I am very new to this, but am doing research & hope i can learn from more experienced folk on this forum, & look forward to helping others along the way.
    Basically i have lived in my council 3 bed semi for nearly 4yrs, with the right to buy after 3yrs of moving in, now i have a large garden to the side of home widh is around 400 sq ft & also allow for off road parking for 2 cars, now i have checked with my local county council & there are no restrictive covenants, easements, or wayleaves, slapped on this potential build plot, but i think you can not sell your home before your 1st 3yrs of ownership, would this still apply to the plot, or would i be able to sell asap?

Re: Could i Sell Plot A.s.a.p?

Probably best to check with the local council or CAB office- good luck!

Comment

Council would be the best option, I would suspect due to those regualtions you would have trouble there due tothe restrictions on selling before 3 years.

Comment

I think you will find that the period is now 5 years and this will apply to all the land so you couldn't sell it off.

Council would have been stupid not to impose restrictive covenants preventing further building on land. Some ex-Council houses near me have had second houses built in large part of garden at the side and the Council has gained about £20K a time to give permission under the covenants for that.
        RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
        As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

You may like to get the planning permission first.
          BRAND NEW HOMES
          Information for UK new home buyers
          New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

Last i heard, our beloved government was trying to put a stop to garden grabing, what was the outcome?
            www.tradesmanschoice.co.uk

Comment

The move was not a stop to garden grabbing as such just a removal of the "presumption to grant" planning permission as it was classed as Brownfield Land.
              BRAND NEW HOMES
              Information for UK new home buyers
              New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

Working...
              X