Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Convert a 63 sqm flat into 3 studios!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert a 63 sqm flat into 3 studios!

Hi guys, I am new here and wanted some advice.

I have a split level flat of 63sq metres and would like to convert it into 3 studio apartments.

I live in 1 of 4 identical houses and the house next door is mostly studios apart from the ground floor so planning should be ok.

The roo sizes are.

12ft by 10 downstairs with seperate toilet ( The flat on the 1st floor has the same lay out and this studio 12ft x 10 is rented out for £500.00 a month).

My living room is 18ft x 11ft and I propose to add the bath room of 9ft by 6ft to this 'studio' to get a bigger rental of say £600.00 per month and a kitchenette.

My bedroom is 17ft by 11ft and I propose to get a shower cubicle ( same as the 1st floor studio currently rented out at £500.00 ) and a kitchenette and a saniflow toilet built in and walled off.

Does this sound too ambitious? It's a leasehold flat and I think ideal for a conversion.

I could ent it out as a 1 bed for £700-800 a month OR as 3 studios at

£525.00
    £550.00
    £625.00

Plus the use of 1 off street parking space and a 30ft x 25 ft Garden.

Any advice thoughts or has anyone else done something similiar?

Cheers guys!

Re: Convert a 63 sqm flat into 3 studios!

Originally posted by DG. View Post
    Hi guys, I am new here and wanted some advice.

Wrong place by the looks of it!

Comment

The problem is that you're asking for specific advice without anyone knowing the wider picture - the location, local maret conditions, local planning regs, etc.

From what you've stated, there's certainly nothing wrong with moving forward and making enquiries - at the moment you have a basic plan of action, which is good.

But without knowing anything else, it is impossible for anyone to really submit any useful comments, in my opinion.

Comment

Not sure about where you are but the market is really aimed for studios! Realised you could rent a 2 bed house for less than a studio here! crazy

Comment

Working...
        X