Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bad workmanship :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad workmanship :(

hello, i hope you are well: )

i had a company rip up my slabs on my pathway to get to some pipes. They then lay down a slab that does not match. They say it is a good match and the best they can do. As you can see in the picture below it is not lay straight (oops cant post pics) and it is not of the right colour. an ombudsman officer also agrees this is a "best match" fit! unreal ombudsman trying to save an energy company money!

i've tried telling them it is not what i hoped for. They say i have to find a better match myself and then they will then lay them. they said they exhausted all means trying to find a matching slab.

i do not drive and cannot lift big slabs at present.

i wonder if any experts here might know of a way to have a survey done of my pathway, where an expert writes a note to say "these slabs are not put down in a professional manner as they do not fit or key together and they are not of the right colour, to fix this will cost **** pounds and 1 days to complete. "

it would be so nice to have a 3rd party give a statement.

can a company do this? any help would be great !

thank you
    :

Re: bad workmanship

as a paving company who has done many lift and relay jobs i cannont understand why the didnt carefully lift the paving and re-instate the origional slabs once they were done, no need to replace the slabs.

find a friendly paving company who will assess the job for you and give you a written report.
    http://www.facebook.com/hendersonpaving

www.jhendersongroundworks.co.uk

Comment

Any paving company would be happy to assess the paving and give you both a time and financial estimate.
      BRAND NEW HOMES
      Information for UK new home buyers
      New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

You just need to switch to other source. Any paving company would be more than just happy to help you. But discuss all such issues with them in advance so you don’t land in same trouble again.
        Guaranteed Rent Scheme |Estate agents Canary Wharf

Comment

any paving company can do this. don't rely on one company. Go for a second opinion.

Comment

There always be bad builders around - its important to leave a bad feedback so everyone would know about problems
            Are you looking for house extensions prices?
            BuilderQuoter.co.uk offers instant quotes for home extensions, attic conversions, new builds

Comment

Yeah, don't just rely to one company always go for second opinion.

Comment

When you are about to take, pay something just ask for reviews about that company. Don't go and pay the cash because things can happen. And now you have to pay other team to fix. You didn't made any contract?
                Log Cabins | Eco Homes
                e-mail: [email protected]
                Tel: 028 8289 7617

Comment

Working...
                X