Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Land In SHLAA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Land In SHLAA

Apologies if this is in the wrong section but I was not sure which would be best!

Our local shlaa was released today and I have discovered some land that I own has been included in it I wonder if anybody could help answer these questions for me

1 Has somebody asked for the land to be included? it wasnt me!

2 can I write to the local autohrity and ask them what the circumstances around it being included are?

3 Im aware that the land bordering my land has/did have an option purchased on it by a large developer do you think it would be a good idea to try if I wanted sell an option on this land?

4 When I purchased the land is there a possibility that the solicitors missed the fact that somebody may have had an option on it allready?
    If so what is my position?

5 Not many people are aware that this land is no longer part of the local estate I dont know if the rest of the land bordering mine is still in the hands of that same estate if they have sold it the probable owner is a bit of chancer could someone be trying to pull a fast one on me?

Thanks hope someone can help!

Re: Land In SHLAA

What's an SHLAA ?

Comment

Re: Land In SHLAA

dooglemire, I'd say that it's likely the LA has simply conducted a strategic assessment of suitable land. There would be no obligation to sell the land if you did not wish (unlikely that they would compulsory purchase). It would seem very positive news from your perspective. Usually Options are registered with Land Registry, but you're right it's possible that an option could be in place. If you've got a registered title (absolute) then not really any chance of someone 'pulling a fast one'. What you do need, if indeed you'd want to sell, is someone to promote your land through the local plan, to gain planning permission and add the value.
      Mark Donald
      www.Reports4Planning.co.uk
      providing more effective reports.......

Comment

Working...
      X