Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planning permission for derelict houses/barn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning permission for derelict houses/barn

Hello, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have my eye on 2 old farm buildings kind of linked by a barn. The buildings are quite small but the barn quite large and almost attached to the buildings.(2m gap between the footings of the barn and the building on one side)

The problem is the barn has footings only on 3 sides (rectangular shape) and only 5-6 bricks above the ground. Would I be able to get permission to include this barn into the design for a new house with this open side, would I need to make it glass, are the footings and the few lines of brick enough to be included in the planning?

I would certainly agree that discussing this with your Local Planning Officer is the first port of call. Take along photographs of the property.

They may then request that you produce sketches of the proposal prior to submitting for planning permission etc

Hope this helps

Valton
    Architectural Technologist

Comment

Working...
    X