Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To add or not to add an Extra Bathroom on the ground floor?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To add or not to add an Extra Bathroom on the ground floor?

I live in a 4 bedroom end of terrace house that has been extended behind the kitchen, and a conservatory also done. All 4 bedrooms are upstairs, one toilet is down stairs and the main family toilet/bathroom is also upstairs. The house has an attached garage so I'm planning to convert the garage into bedroom number 5 (on the ground floor), and add a shower cubicle along with the room. I've heard people say a bathroom on the ground floor is a turn off, but i strongly think in my case it will be a plus as there is the main bathroom.toilet upstairs. I will now have 5 bedrooms, two toilets and 2 bathrooms. The house has off street packing space for two cars which in my opinion is enough. What are your views on this please?

Hi there,
    I think some of the negative views of bathrooms on the ground floor is that in older properties they are often off the back of the kitchen. Also perhaps when it's the only bathroom available, and it's inconvenient for the bathroom to be so far from the bedroom.

Would this bathroom be an ensuite to the 5th bedroom? If it's in the garage is it separate from the main area of the house?

For a 5 bedroom house, I agree that having a second bathroom is a great advantage - makes it a great choice for larger families looking for space, especially with the off street parking.

Sounds like a great idea!

Comment

Hi, yes the bathroom will be an en-suite to the 5th bedroom. The garage is separate from the main area of the house and not near the kitchen. This 5th room would be a place where a visiting friend or family member could stay without the need to go use the family bathroom upstairs. I share your view, it will be an advantage.....

Comment

Working...
      X