Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

No announcement yet.

Work halted on £155m Lumiere development in Sheffield

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work halted on £155m Lumiere development in Sheffield

Work has stopped on the construction of a 55-storey tower in Sheffield. The developer, K W Linfoot, has frozen the project until the climate stabilises and an appropriate funding structure can be put in place. Carillion has been appointed for the construction of the £155m Lumiere development, which was scheduled to take around four years to [...]

More: Work halted on £155m Lumiere development in Sheffield

Lumiere is in Leeds.
    Also need to edit a few other points as your article contradicts itself Lin Freestone. Lumiere is to be two towers, one of 55floors/172m and the other of 33floors/113m. You say in first line "Work has stopped on the construction of a 55-storey tower in Sheffield", but then say its 54. Also the piling work is complete.
    Last edited by baranelo; 16-07-2008, 09:22 AM.

Good points - Lin's been writing and coverage press releases in commercial property for donkeys years - looks like she just had a bad day on that one and mixed things up with the St Paul's Tower, Sheffield, story which she was covering at the same time.

News item amended.

Sorry. I was rather abrupt. I was Just having a bad day. I've amended my post to sound less confrontational.

It's okay - it really was important to bring this to our attention - we published something incorrect, Lin mixed up tower developments in Leeds and Sheffield, and we needed to amend that - once notified that it was incorrect.