Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Work halted on £155m Lumiere development in Sheffield

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work halted on £155m Lumiere development in Sheffield

Work has stopped on the construction of a 55-storey tower in Sheffield. The developer, K W Linfoot, has frozen the project until the climate stabilises and an appropriate funding structure can be put in place. Carillion has been appointed for the construction of the £155m Lumiere development, which was scheduled to take around four years to [...]

More: Work halted on £155m Lumiere development in Sheffield

Lumiere is in Leeds.
    Also need to edit a few other points as your article contradicts itself Lin Freestone. Lumiere is to be two towers, one of 55floors/172m and the other of 33floors/113m. You say in first line "Work has stopped on the construction of a 55-storey tower in Sheffield", but then say its 54. Also the piling work is complete.
    Last edited by baranelo; 16-07-2008, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Good points - Lin's been writing and coverage press releases in commercial property for donkeys years - looks like she just had a bad day on that one and mixed things up with the St Paul's Tower, Sheffield, story which she was covering at the same time.

News item amended.

Comment

Sorry. I was rather abrupt. I was Just having a bad day. I've amended my post to sound less confrontational.

Comment

It's okay - it really was important to bring this to our attention - we published something incorrect, Lin mixed up tower developments in Leeds and Sheffield, and we needed to amend that - once notified that it was incorrect.

Comment

Working...
          X