Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manorlane - Real Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manorlane - Real Problems

I am really looking for some advice and help.

My partner and I decided to purchase The Kingly property at Manorlane's new development in Netherburn.

The purchase price was £287,995 with £20,000 cash back - great we thought.

We negotiated all flooring and carpets to be included in the sale of the property also.

We got the property surveyed by DM Hall who valued the house at £268,000.

When we advised Manorlane they advised this was the first time it had happened to them, they said J & E Shepherd had valued the other properties which had already sold on the development and each one had been valued at the purchase price. Including the Chesham (slightly smaller property at purchase price of £267,995 with £10,000 cashback)

So we instructed Shepherds to do a survey and they valued the property at £265,000. Oh dear. Whilst discussing the property value with Shepherds they advised they had not valued the Chesham at Nertherburn. Why did Manorlane lie? Shepherds also advised us that at a separate development in Carfin, Motherwell they valued the Kingly at £282,000 against a purchase price of £295,995. Therefore Manorlane had lied again about it being the first time the value of the property had not matched the purchase price.

At this point we contacted a third surveyor Graeme and Sibbald, as my partner knows one of the surveyors, who advised it was a terrible area and he would be very surprised that such a house would value near £260,000 never mind £287,995.

OK so back to Manorlane and this is the worst part - when we advised them of the property values they told us they would survey the property for us at their expense and they would have NO PROBLEM in getting the right valuation (ie £287,995) and ie to COMMIT FRAUD.

We declined their offer.

At this point we were still interested in the House but advised Manorlane we would pay max £268,000 (what it is worth at most) and that we still wanted the £20,000 cashback as an incentive because we were buying in Phase 1.(as they offered initially)

They came back offering the house at £269,995 ie STILL overpriced and without the cashback - we declined this offer and asked for our deposit back.

They have refused to refund the money.

Now do i contact my solicitor, the local and national press and advise them of Manorlane's offer to commit fraud for us??or even trading standards/

Any help or advice is really appreciated as surprise surprise the sales manager in their Stirling Head Office isnt at her desk whenever i call.
Working...
X