Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AIBU? Surveyor has valued my SO flat at £nil due to unsafe cladding - EWS-1 form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIBU? Surveyor has valued my SO flat at £nil due to unsafe cladding - EWS-1 form

I was looking to sell my SO flat (30% me/70%HA), so process was instruct a RICS valuation. Got RICS surveyor and they did valuation taking into account EWS-1 form and fire report which said "combustible material" was present. HA had no idea of remedial cost or time scale.
    Valuation come back as £nil (for whole) as surveyor says without info on remedial cost and time scale, no purchaser would take that risk.... this is valuation according to RICS guide lines.
    Obviously, I don't want to sell my 30% share for £nil, so was stuck. HA not sympathetic at all and said they working on, but nation shortage etc etc etc....
    However, had spark of any idea after reading my Lease. It says I can also look to buy the remaining share at the valuation given by the valuer (a RICS member, which he is) and says valuer's valuation is binding.
    HA now trying to dispute the "valuation" despite it fitting the Lease and their instruction to the tee.....
    AIBU in telling the HA they must now sell me their share for the £nil the surveyor has valued the flat?
    NB: the valuation IS NOT FOR MORTGAGE PURPOSES, it is 100% for staircasing purposes and per the instructions to the surveyor.
    What do people think?
Working...
X