Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Estate Agents - Annoying at Times

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estate Agents - Annoying at Times

We have just returned to the UK and are in the process of finding a suitable House to buy. Our experience so far with many Estate Agents has not been good.

Why?

Let me explain.

We need to find a new home as quickly as possible and so have been contacting many Estate Agents via Zoopla, Onthemarket etc. and are amazed at how much information we get that is of no use or not comprehensive.

I receive brochures daily and many either have no or too few pictures of the properties, or do not show important things like pictures of the outside of the house, pictures of what it is next to, pictures of the garden, pictures of parking facilities etc. and, most important, Floor Plans.

This means I have to start chasing the Agents for information which is necessary for a prospective buyer. I have also been amazed that many Agents do not have the information promising to get it and come back which does not happen. Makes you wonder exactly what they are doing for their money.

I do not have the time to chase Agents and do their job for them so please, any Estate Agents reading this make sure the information you post about the houses you are selling is comprehensive - good and bad. There is nothing more annoying than travelling to view a house only to find it is next to a Factory or a Pub. I know the answer is to go look at Google Street View but when you are researching via a Mobile Phone this can be a pain.

We are having to travel quite a distance to view prospective property so it is important we have all the relevant information beforehand.
Working...
X