Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AIBU to expect seller to remove wisteria, as they agreed to do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIBU to expect seller to remove wisteria, as they agreed to do?

The house I have just bought has wisteria growing up the front and onto the roof. While I'm sure it will be beautiful when it flowers later in the spring, it is growing over the roof tiles and could potentially cause a problem in the future. Our surveyor flagged it up as something that should be dealt with.
    During the purchase process I raised my concern with the seller who agreed to have it cut back (I didn't want it removed entirely, just brought under control) after we had exchanged contracts. I have this agreement on email, although there is no written and signed agreement through our solicitors. When we moved in, the wisteria hadn't been touched. AIBU to get in touch with the seller and draw her attention to the fact that she didn't do as agreed? I feel like she should still pay for it to be dealt with even though the sale has completed, as I have proof she agreed to this.

Personally, I would, but probably not take it any further ( unless you had time and money ) if nothing comes of it.. worth a shot?

Comment

Working...
    X