Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help requested from moderators please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help requested from moderators please

Can you please tell me how long it takes to moderate replies on these forums?

Also, some guidelines on 'trigger' words might be useful as sometimes my replies appear instantly and others go to the mods. I'd like to know which words I should avoid using so that my replies, some of which I put quite a lot of time and effort into, don't just disappear into an abyss.

I wouldn't mind betting that because I've used the word 'trigger' in this message that it'll go the same way

Please help.

Having just been on the Buying Property Abroad forum and seeing some of the rubbish on it that has absolutely nothing to do with the House Exchange in Spain thread, I realise that Brian is probably away at the moment which would explain why I'm not getting any response to my queries.

I'm reasonably new to this forum site and if Brian is the only moderator, I'm not surprised that it sometimes seems a bit like a ghost-town. Sometimes you can almost hear the tumbleweed rolling across the screen!

Comment

Yes indeed - been incredibly busy but back now.

Apologies for the delay - have approved your moderated posts, and clearing out the botspam and blacklisting their IP's - also changed the security settings for registration, which should also hopefully help in future.

Comment

Thank you Brian

Sorry about the comments but I didn't know that you are the only moderator. Anyway, now that I do, I won't be so impatient in future

I do think that this is potentially a really good forum site but it is a bit frustrating when you are new to it and don't know what's happened to your postings. I fear that a lot of people would just give up and go elsewhere.

Regards.

Kaz

Comment

It's not a problem at all - everytime I think I may have 5 minutes spare time, something else jumps up - had a major site hit by a DDoS last week, and continued on and off for 4 days so had to buy a new server and am currently moving the site there. Lots of fun!

Comment

Re: Help requested from moderators please

i too am having posts disapering, i have emailed admin but still no reply, very frustrating, i posted about it today in general chit chat - deleted posts, and even that has been removed? what is going on??
            www.tradesmanschoice.co.uk

Comment

Apologies for that - just replied via email - hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaz View Post
                Can you please tell me how long it takes to moderate replies on these forums?

Also, some guidelines on 'trigger' words might be useful as sometimes my replies appear instantly and others go to the mods. I'd like to know which words I should avoid using so that my replies, some of which I put quite a lot of time and effort into, don't just disappear into an abyss.

I wouldn't mind betting that because I've used the word 'trigger' in this message that it'll go the same way

Please help.
                Any naughty words will trigger censorship like ----, --------, -----, and the worst one of all ----s.
                BRAND NEW HOMES
                Information for UK new home buyers
                New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

Honestly NHE, I'm shocked and disappointed that you could think that I would use the ----s word

Comment

Working...
                  X