Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mortgage split advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgage split advice

Hi all, just wondering if someone can advise me!

Me and my partner want to split, we have a joint mortgage, though my partners parents gave us money as a deposit for the home. This was a gift. This was £20,000. Since then I have paid for everything, mortgage, council tax, all bills. We have only been in the property a short time.

I would like to keep the home as he cannot afford to keep it. I would ideally like to get a loan to buy him out of his half of what has been paid up to now including deposit, I'm just not sure where I stand? Would the whole deposit have to go back to him?

His parents have already advised me to remove all my things!! It gets much more complicated but I am out of the home for various reasons and am willing to continue paying everything until we have found what we need to do.

Any help would be appreciated!
Working...
X