Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shipping to Uk from Oz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping to Uk from Oz

Hi guys, my husband and I will be moving to the UK in October from Australia and I'm just trying to see if I can get a ballpark figure on how much it is to ship stuff. We were planning on selling everything and reacquiring it in the UK, however, we have grown fond of some of our stuff and are looking into shipping containers rather than just going over with suitcases like we planned.

We haven't got a lot of stuff we intend to take and we definitely wouldn't need a full 20ft container, probably just 8 or 10. Has anyone does this before and know what some good companies are or can give me a ballpark figure on how much it will cost?

Thanks so much for your help!

Re: Shipping to Uk from Oz

Hi there,

I know people who have gone from the UK to Australia, and another who went UK to New Zealand but none from there to the UK.

From memory for a 20ft container, I believe UK to Aus was approximately £4000 and UK to New Zealand was £5000.

Therefore if you only need a 10ft container, I'd assume it would be slightly cheaper but cost also can include the packing, moving, etc so if you were to do all of that yourself then that would also make it cheaper.

Hope that helps a little!

Comment

Working...
    X