Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drying clothes indoors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drying clothes indoors

Hello

I am just about to purchase my first property, a ground floor studio flat in London, and wondered what the best way of drying clothes effectively would be? Currently, I lodge with my landlord and I am able to use a clothes horse in the bathroom. Unfortunately, the bathroom in my flat will be too small for this purpose and as there is no central heating, wont be any warmer than the rest of the property - all the properties in the area are electric only due to proximity of a sewage works. There will be one portable oil fueled electric heater in the main room - total size of the flat is 307 sqm. Would using a dehumidifier work as a cheaper alternative to a tumble dryer? If so, what is a good make/model to buy?

Many thanks

Re: Drying clothes indoors

I dry my clothes indoors regularly. If you do hang them up indoors, make sure to "snap" them out really well before you hang them, it will eliminate most of the stiffness.

Comment

Originally posted by Fadwa14 View Post
      I dry my clothes indoors regularly. If you do hang them up indoors, make sure to "snap" them out really well before you hang them, it will eliminate most of the stiffness.

But this isn't a right way, but I understand having no other way you had to go for this.
      Anyways I've just drilled 2 stick on the wall across the passage and it works okay for me. Drying clothes indoor isn't a good thing though.
      Sell House Fast

Comment

Drying clothes indoor is not good enough but helps when you have no other option left.
        Nice idea to drilled up sticks on the wall and use for drying clothes.

Comment

I don't see anything wrong to dry clothes indoors. I always do it in airy room. They don't get musty or something. For real, it's not simple to dry clothes outside, because of frequent rains

Comment

Hi,

As an estate agent also dealing in lettings we have the issue with "How to dry my clothes" often.

I would encourage you to use a dehumidifier as well as adding the drying of the clothes it will also take moisture out of the are which means you will not get the dark mold growing in corners from condensation.

Good luck in your new place!
            Jacks and Jones Estate Agents
            http://www.jacksandjones.co.uk

Comment

Open the window and hang clothes on a coathanger on the curtain rail?
              Andy
              Sloane & Sons

Comment

Drying clothes indoors is fine, providing there is some ventilation to avoid getting damp/mould!
                Secure Mortgages Residential - http://www.secure-mortages.co.uk
                0800 035 1977

Comment

Clothes horse should still work.
                  My house wouldn't be the warmest and there's never any problem drying the clothes on a clothes horse.
                  If space is a problem you can get a device that hangs over the side of a radiator. It's much smaller than a clothes horse, but it has a few rows on it for hanging your clothes. Could be an option.

Comment

Working...
                  X