Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

advice apopreciated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice apopreciated

just retired at 63, we are thinking of moving, estimated value of property ia £4250 and looking to buy for as much as is left but recall that 14 yrs ago when we moved into the current property we lost about £12K in dead money (estate agents, stamp duty etc)

As far as I can tell we would now stand to expect to lose about £20K in the same way, ie total cost involved in buying and selling. Any comment would be welcome please.

apologies that should be 'advice appreciated'
    Last edited by retired guy; 29-04-2014, 11:45 AM.

Re: advice apopreciated

sorry, that value should be £425,000

Comment

Unfortunately, everything gets more expensive in our country, esspecially official fees.

Comment

Could you increase your selling price to cover the costs of your move? Only way round it i suspect.
        Andy
        Sloane & Sons

Comment

Hi Retired Guy

We have just sold our house and merged in with our elderly mother, making her a granny annex.

Quite a long difficult process but very worthwhile for all and has saved us a fortune in many ways?

What do you think?

David

Comment

Everything wouldn't be the same as 14 years ago, i guess the difference of 8k won't be that big loss at all. Where are you planning to buy the property by the way?
            apartments for rent in abu dhabi
            2 bedroom apartments in abu dhabi

Comment

Working...
            X