Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vehicle size

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle size

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to fit a 3 bed house move into a 3.5t truck in one visit?

Want to avoid a 7.5t if I can.

Regards
    Jay

Re: Vehicle size

Hello, I see this was posted a little while ago so sure you have moved by now but anyway.

Its highly unlikely that you would fit a 3 bed house into any 3.5t vehicle in one go. Not only would you not have enough space but even trying would put you over legal weight limits.

The problem is the 3.5t part refers to the laden weight of the vehicle and a Luton van can easily weigh 2 - 2.5t unladed. Add a couple of passengers, a full tank of fuel and a tail lift and theres not much weight limit left.

The use of a 7.5t sounds a lot more sensible.

If you are using a removal company why not get them to visit and work out the volume to be moved for you.
    Van Man Removals Exeter || Van Man Removals Taunton

Comment

So overstuffed van may pose a danger to the transported good. It is
      not worth risking damage to any of the transported items. 7,5 t would be much better.

Comment

I think that it's danger for a house, it can be destroyed.

Comment

Just call your local removals company and get them to come and give
          you a quote. They will know from experience how much of your furniture
          belongings will fit

Ged
          http://www.premierexpatmortgages.com
          [email protected]

Comment

Working...
          X