Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broadband/Phone line deals?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broadband/Phone line deals?

Hi

I am looking for advice on good phone/internet deals. I am currently with sky and am paying:
    Broadband: £17 (best offer avail).
    Phoneline: £12.25

After a 20min phone conversation they finally agreed to put the price down to £12.50 for broadband for 6 months (as they could see i was serious about cancelling if no reduction was offered).

Note that my property is unable to receive Virgin (which is a big pain), and the sky 'connect' package is the best they can offer me, as 'i'm not with the local exchange' (or something).

Advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Broadband/Phone line deals?

My advice is DONT GO TO TALKTALK!
    BRAND NEW HOMES
    Information for UK new home buyers
    New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

thanks! bad experiences then...

Comment

The best deal ive been offered is from bt, for phone (free UK anytime), broadband, tv package, it was 40 a month and free for 3 months i think, good especially if you use the phone a lot!

Comment

But BT retail customer support is terrible stay with sky

Comment

I'm with BE Broadband. They have excellent customer service and quote the upload and download speed, something not every company does.

Comment

Incahoot have a very nice offer with Plus Net broadband, if your area allows:
              Home Broadband deals Exclusive to Incahoot

Comment

If you are looking for a TV package along side your internet and phone connection well then BT home vision is the cheapest. i have it at the minute, however the broadband tends to drop out at least 4 or 5 times per session. There is more than 2 people in the house on the broadband then this increases the number of times the broadband drops out.

I had a very good experience with Virgin for the 3 years before I moved into a shared house.

Comment

I agree with new homes expert, stay well clear of talk talk. I'm with sky at the moment on the unlimited package and i cant fault the technical support services that they offer.

Comment

If you like hair on your head and a low stress level then stay clear of Talk Talk, worst move ever switching to them.

Nick

Comment

Lots of advice here to stay away from Talk Talk - take it! I have recently moved and found out how bad their customer service is first hand. I've decided to cancel my order with them and take Virgin Media - I'd forgotten how helpful some people can be at Virgin

I'm very happy with Virgin at the moment.

J
                      For advice, planning permission appeals and permitted development rights, visit KSLAW

Comment

Working...
                      X