Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

renting yr property & buying another

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• renting yr property & buying another

Hi would anyone be able to give me some free advice ?

i currently own a house which i am paying a low mortgage on but because of a major investment to the imediate area rental prices are more than twice the value of my mortage monthly outgoing !
    my question is ... can i change my mortage on this property to buy to let and rent my house which im sure will go very quickly and use the equity from the house to get another mortgage in a area where i potentally want to live long term and have always wanted to move to ...?
    thanks

Re: renting yr property & buying another

Hi Headspinner

You certainly can! It sounds like an excellent idea. Although be warned that if you're paying an extremely low interest rate you'll only get one chance to pay off a lot of your mortgage. Rates can only go one way. In principal though, I think it's a very good idea...just make sure you do ALL the sums, and be conservative.
    Free Guides For First Time Buyers!

www.FirstTimeBuyerGuru.com

Comment

Mortgage rates on Let homes are higher. Be sure to factor this in!
      It would be as whole new arrangement.
      BRAND NEW HOMES
      Information for UK new home buyers
      New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

Originally posted by New Homes Expert View Post
        Mortgage rates on Let homes are higher.
        Good point - that one caught me by surprise

Comment

And don't forget to factor in all the added costs associated with being a landlord. You'll need to factor in things like gas safety certificates and letting agents fees.
          Free Guides For First Time Buyers!

www.FirstTimeBuyerGuru.com

Comment

Working...
          X