I have recently purchased a flat that requires a lease extension or alternatively purchasing the lease with my upstairs neighbour.
The Freeholder wished to sell but not extend and refused to do this when I was buying the flat.

There is enough left on the original leasehold for this not to be the end of the worls but I need to register my interest, so that I can push for the extension in two years formally.

I asked my solicitor about this at the time of purchase and he said that I did not a solicitor to do this but I need to understand what needs to be in the letter to ensure that it will not be a problem in two years time.

Does anyone have experience of this?