Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Registering interest in lease extension/purchase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registering interest in lease extension/purchase

Hi
    I have recently purchased a flat that requires a lease extension or alternatively purchasing the lease with my upstairs neighbour.
    The Freeholder wished to sell but not extend and refused to do this when I was buying the flat.

There is enough left on the original leasehold for this not to be the end of the worls but I need to register my interest, so that I can push for the extension in two years formally.

I asked my solicitor about this at the time of purchase and he said that I did not a solicitor to do this but I need to understand what needs to be in the letter to ensure that it will not be a problem in two years time.

Does anyone have experience of this?
Working...
X