Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Investment in Madeira?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Investment in Madeira?

I have invested in property in Western Europe for years and have made a significant amount of return from investing in emerging markets until the recession hit.

I've been reluctant to invest much over the last couple of years due to the market volitility but I was recently recommended by a friend's husband to have a look at investing in Madeira. I'd never really considered Madeira before as Portugual isn't in a particularly good way but he said he had recently bought investment units in a hotel on the island with a company called Morgan Forbes on a supposedly emerging area of the island and that he was looking at making over 10% return!

Am now thinking about taking a small punt with them and seeing how it goes? Does anyone know more about Madeira's potential as an emerging market?

Re: Investment in Madeira?

I know nothing about investing in Madeira.

However it's very easy to beat the 10% return you mention (net!!!) if you invest n the US right now. And you only need around £30,000 for an outright purchase or £17,000 to buy a tennented property with seller finance. The returns can be over 16%.

So why invest in Madeira?

Comment

Working...
    X