Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

student pod's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• student pod's

hi there, could anyone advise me as to the pro's and con's of buying and letting student pod's in a managed building.

Re: student pod's

Hi Lynden

I haven't looked at this type of investment for a few years now, so will only comment on a couple of relevant principles.

The first is the degree of control which you would like over your investment. Obviously, with property investment (i.e. bricks and mortar)you will never have contol over the market, be it sales or rental, but you do have control over the management of the property and can make your own decisions in response to market conditions. If you were to buy one of these student units (as opposed to a standard BTL property) then you will have very little control (except via a vote as one of many owners) over how the complex is run, the management policies, rentals and very importantly, running costs.

The second principle is that when you decide to sell the property, you will invariably be selling to investors. This means that you are limiting your market quite drastically, especially if you were under pressure to sell.

Hope this provides some food for thought...

Comment

Working...
    X