Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Residential Property is Still an Excellent Long-Term Investment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Residential Property is Still an Excellent Long-Term Investment

In a recent US survey, The 2010 National Association of Realtors (NAR) Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers, American home buyers affirmed a long-term view of home ownership. The consumer survey confirmed that the typical American seller is experiencing positive returns, and that the vast majority of homeowners see their property as a good long-term investment.

The results reflect many similarities to those in the South African residential property market: For example, the survey shows that sellers who purchased at the top of the market and had to sell in a short period of time were hurt by the price correction, but the vast majority who were able to hold on to their property for a ‘normal’ period of home ownership generally made sound returns when they sold.

Despite fluctuations in the housing market in recent years, the bottom line is that the majority of long-term homeowners are practically guaranteed healthy gains in the value of their property. As mentioned in the NAR survey, the house flipping and quick gains that occurred during the property boom period were abnormal - driven by risky, easy-money financing that should never have been allowed in the first place.

Do you guys still think whether Residential Property is still an Excellent Long-tem Investment?
    Michelle Alden- Property to Rent

Re: Residential Property is Still an Excellent Long-Term Investment

I prefer residential to commercial property as an investment, but then by comparison to some I am small fry and perhaps I take a narrower view, but I think not.
    In any case, any investment in bricks and mortar should be reagrded as a lng term one, much the same as any stocks and bonds in my opiniion.
    You may be lucky in making a profit with a short term investment but are sure not to make a loss in the longterm.

Comment

Working...
    X