Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

home overhaul... ideas help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• home overhaul... ideas help please!

hey there everyone, weve just moved into a new place at the end of november and it is a little tired so weve decided to overhaul the kitchen and bathroom to renew everything a bit, make it feel loved and up to date.
    still in the real early idea stages and i wandered if anyone had recently done anything that they really liked and wanted to share it, to inspire me!

Re: home overhaul... ideas help please!

We recently, well 2008-2009, renovated our bungalow.
    As far as refurbishment is concerned, look for reasonably priced units, mix and match from one manufacturer / supplier with another.
    Our experience was mixing IKEA and B&Q products making it modern, stylish and relatively inexpensive.
    Buy from the internet on other things, often considerably less expensive than in store and hunt round for individual small fitters for specific work.
    Not a bad idea to use Check a trade, not always reliable, but better than a swift kick to the posterior.

Comment

i would suggest check a trade as a good starting point

Comment

I've vast experience in refurnishing houses, your best bet is to stay away from IKEA and Moben and such, for what your getting its far too dear, try your local Howdens, we find they are the cheapest by far, and the stuff is good quality too. B&Q are okay, but try to see when they have offers on complete sets, its also worth noting that they dont always include decent fittings.

Comment

If you need to renovate your house overhaul for making it more beautiful and attractive, Then you should hire some professional decorators which makes better inspection then you, They renovate your house through their inspection and provide your house more beautiful and attractive....

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Owen View Post
            i would suggest check a trade as a good starting point
            I wouldnt!
            They take money (subscriptions) from tradesmen in return for being on the list.
            It is no guarantee of either quality or a fair price.
            BRAND NEW HOMES
            Information for UK new home buyers
            New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

Working...
            X