Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bath Damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bath Damage

Hi
    An odd question...

Are toilet cleaners also designed to clean baths? i.e harpic
    I squirted a load in my bath assuming it would and left it throughout the day, when i came to wash it off it was not easy, most around the sides has now gone, but along the bottom where there are no visible signs the trail has left the bath hard and grippy i.e. as if there are some remnants. Will this clean with white spirit perhaps? or have i damaged it!?

Ive heard hydrogen peroxide might fix it, where can i purchase this?

advice greatly appreciated.

thanks

Re: Bath Damage

Have you tried simply using Jif?

Comment

no i wouldnt think that you should use that on your bath. You have to be careful.

Comment

no, i believe it has effectively acided away the bottom, so im buggered!

Comment

oh dear, sounds like you need a replacement, at least you know for next time.

Comment

I did the same on my bath the other day and now have a nice green stripe on the sides. I'll be jiffing it tomorrow to see if it'll come off.
            Looking for a large mortgage?

Comment

good luck, ive not been able to sort mine.

Comment

I would not recommend using toilet cleaners on baths for the following very simple reason ...
                Sanitary wear such as toilets and some sinks are made of ceramic material, while most baths and some sinks are made of GRP plastic, other materials used are stainless steel.
                Now horses for courses, read the cleaning instructions for each item and also those on the cleaning products.
                Don't be penny wise and pound foolish.

Comment

As the above poster has mentioned, only certain cleaners are good for certain things. You'd need to read the instructions to see what its suitable for.

Comment

Working...
                  X