Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bricklayer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bricklayer

A bricklayer who is doing a job for me digging up the old conservatory base.Replacing with a new floor.He inform me that he will be using a heavy duty electric concrete breaker it's me that lands up paying the electric bill and also want the key to the house so can have water to mix cement.I informed him there is no outside tap as i use the water butts.
    Electrics (No garage) we are at work and there is no way you can have the key to my house.Do i have to supply him with these.
    Any advice would be very helpfull thank you

Re: Bricklayer

As a layman, I would not expect you to have to - however, be prepared for the fact that if they have to make arrangements to bring water in, it will necessarily be charged as a cost to you as part of the bill, if not already signed and agreed.

Comment

basically depends what you have agreed to if you have a contract.However basically no you shouldn't have to supply this
      he can if he wishes use a mobile jack hammer which use fuel and he should also be able to provide water through a bowser .
      He may however charge you for these alternatives,so you'll pay for it one way or another unfortunately I fear.
      Last edited by tc26; 14-07-2010, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Might be an idea (if you've not already embarked on a contract with him) to get some quotes (and details on how they would tackle the no water problem etc) from other companies. It's usually an idea to employ tradesmen who come recommended by friends or colleagues, then you have an understanding of how they've worked before.
        Looking for a large mortgage?

Comment

Working...
        X