Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Average gas/electric costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Average gas/electric costs

Hi

I am a reasonably recent home owner and ive just received my first quarterly bill. I was just interested to see how my bills compare...

Im 31, live on my own in a 2 bed upstairs flat, kitchen, bathroom, one tv, gas cooker, central heating. Im with Southern Electric (dual).

My bills:
    14 aug 16 nov
    GAS £47.73
    ELEC: £28.13

Thanks

Seems rather low to me, is this estimated?

It would depend on various factor such as how often you have your heating on, whether you are in the flat all day and your appliances are on most of this (tv,).

You also have to take into account seasonal fluctuations where you will have your heating on more in the winter.

If you feel that your bills are high, you could always try one of the comparison websites to see if you are with the cheapest energy supplier.

Hope this helps
    www.ownerhome.co.uk
    commission free property sales and lettings

Comment

Working...
    X