Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meter Readings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meter Readings

Hi

I'm a recent home owner and would like some advice on the following:

I have received my gas and electric bill they have priced them up on an estimate. The estimate is actually below what the meter reading actually is. So - should i ring up and tell them or keep schtum?

If i kept quiet then would it not eventually just catch up when they come round to read? I use Southern Electric. I assume they will come round to read one day!?

Thanks

Are you paying your bills in monthly installments or as they arrive in full?
    If you're paying monthly you can catch up by increasing your payments slightly.

I suppose it all depends on how much they have under-estimated and whether you want to get hit with a large bill when they do come to read!?
    www.ownerhome.co.uk
    commission free property sales and lettings

Comment

good points, cheers

Comment

All you're doing is saving up a bigger debt later on to pay off - one way or another, you will be expected to pay what you use.

Personally I'd advise just pay it now - otherwise there's a good chance you'll find yourself hit with a nasty large bill when you least want it.

Been there, done that...

Comment

Re: Meter Readings

I always get an estimate from my electric company and always send in the proper reading, that way I am paying the correct amount and not building up debt for later. It is up to you, but I think it is always best to pay the right amount, it might seem easier to let it go just now, but what will you think when you get a big bill in?

Comment

Depends if prices are rising or falling, for instance if you have paid for a 1000unit of power above what you have used and then the price goes up you have got yourself a discount. and vice-versa.

Comment

always keep quiet is my advice you do not want it to backfire, which in my case is usually the way.

Comment

Working...
              X