Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving from North to South England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving from North to South England

Hi all
    New here and I have some questions for anyone who has done the following. I’m in my mid 40s, born in the south east, just over 20 years ago I moved to the north east for “Young love” and all that. So now I’m single with 2 older teenage kids who still live with their mum but the eldest it going to university soon.
    My parents aren’t getting any younger and they keep asking “when I’m coming home” and I have had homesickness off and on for years. I have a mortgage and where the kids are soon to fly the coop - I want to head back to the south east.
    I’m lucky as the kind of job I can do I can work from home with most companies (I do tech support) l really should learn to drive as I have never got round to it and I need to
    work out what to do to move 350 miles. Obviously it’ll have to be next year due to this covid shenanigans.
    Apologies for the war and peace but it gives an idea of the why and details around. Has anyone had a big move like this? Any tips? I’m on my own and and thinking about it later is quite daunting but I need to do it for myself. Any advice and thoughts would be great fully received.

I have no good advice on what you should do, but before making any decision, carefully compare all the options.
    https://qyto.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
    X