Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neighbour and Access way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbour and Access way

So I have just bought my first flat, and in the middle of lockdown the move is going a little bit slower. I make 1 single trip a day to drop things off, and adhere to lockdown rules.

The street where my flat is located is considered an access way for all the flats, however one of the ends is quite bumpy and gravely, whilst the other end is paved (the end closer to my flat). It's not even and actual road, just an accessway since all the flats are on the back of shops. I don't have an allocated parking space (as some of the other flats) so what I am doing is I stop my car right in front of my flat, put the 4 blinkers and just empty the car as fast as I can.

Today one neighbour came and complained to me, because although their flat is closer to the gravely entrance, they want to use the paved entrace to spare their tyres, and they asked me if I was going to do this every evening, I said, only whilst I'm moving, I'm moving in. To which they just replied, in quite a nasty tone, well you're blocking the way!

It takes me about 5-10m to empty the car, and other neighbours have seen me and didn't complain, in fact asked how I was finding moving during lockdown.

This particulat neighbour is striking me as a troublemaker and someone who will escalate things if it is convenient to them, and my main concern is: can she call the police on me because I am momentarily blocking the accessway even though there is another entrance?

Any advice?

Well if the land was part of their property, then she can chase you away anytime. If not, then she has no right to maltreat you.

Comment

Working...
    X