Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flat with no carpet - help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flat with no carpet - help!!

Hi, I live in a ground floor flat and the people upstairs have taken all the carpet out of their living room, which happens to be above our bedroom, we can hear every foot sat through the ceiling!

Does anyone know if this is legal or not? any advice would be great!

It's certainly not illegal. If you are on speaking terms with your neighbours, politely tell them. It may be a case of them decorating and replacing the carpets, so could be a short term 'inconvenience'
    www.ownerhome.co.uk
    commission free property sales and lettings

Comment

Thanks for your help, but this no carpet thing is the way they intend on it staying! thanks for clearing up the fact its not illegal.

Comment

Why would it be illegal not to have carpets?
        Ryan Forbes
        Quick Property Sale
        Commercial Property Scotland

Comment

I have a similar problem where I live, the most annoying part is when they just seem to drag their chairs across the floorr !!! Drives me insane, have talked to them about it, but they just could not be [email protected]@@@

Comment

Re: Flat with no carpet - help!!

How annoying for you, not sure what the solution is if they are not willing to do anything about it.

Comment

Re: Flat with no carpet - help!!

Hi,

Try this: Play loud music. Often. Loud.

;-)

Tim

Comment

Working...
              X