We have had a new connection made from our property to the sewage pipe in the road. We think they did a terrible job with "making good" afterwards. They finally offered us a 2 year guarantee, and were persuaded to make it a five year guarantee, but our solicitor says their wording makes it useless.
We are worried the council might charge us fortunes in the future if the road surface needs to be repaired [just closing the road would cost thousands, while the repair work would be extra!].
I think our best bet is to get some sort of surveyor to check the work. [The original firm has been back twice already to "fix" the problem, but every time it rains hard the surface washes away!]
What sort of surveyor do we need? [We are in mid Surrey.]
Thank you