Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Move nearer to London

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move nearer to London

Hi
    Every one! I'm Prishan.I'm staying in wales like 15 years. I've two children, they have grown and moved way in London and Nottingham.my hubby feels like to take retirement and move somewhere near to our children. So we thought a lot and decided to move nearer to London.
    But I'm feeling a little bit confused right now, how I can start the procedure of moving.
    list of confusion:
    1) How can I choose an area would be nearer to both of my children?
    2)How can I find a place which would be affordable, safe to live?
    3) we have to buy a house or sell it first one where we are living right now?
    4)is this moving procedure would be too much hectic for our age ( my hubby is 60+)?

it would be highly appreciated if you could give me some advice to start my journey of moving.

thank you so much in advance for your precious time.

kind regards
    Last edited by Prishan; 28-03-2019, 11:12 AM.

Hi Prishan, welcome to the forum!

There's a fair way between London and Nottingham, but if you drive it's a straight route up the M1. Places in between could be Northampton/Milton Keynes as ideas.

When you start looking at properties on online portals like zoopla/rightmove etc, you'll get a sense of area. Then you can put a street or area into the crime map on www.police.uk to see how safe it is.

Most people try to sell their home and buy the next one at the same time, because they need the money from the sale of their home to pay for their new home. Sometimes this can be difficult to do all at once, so another option is to sell your home, and rent in the area you're thinking of moving to for a few months, and then buy when you find something you like.

Moving doesn't have to be stressful - take the time to consider where you'd like to be, and if you'll be happy there first, perhaps doing some research trips to see what it's like first. Cutting down on all the items you need to move will save you time and money spent on removals, and make sure you get a survey on whatever property you're thinking of buying.

I hope this information has been useful - we've got lots of articles on the site about making moving easier.

Wishing you the best of luck,

Andi at reallymoving

Comment

Thank you so much! Yours a full plan saves our time indeed!
      So kind of you for giving your time.
      Cheers

Comment

Oh thank to all, because i moving to London at near time and don`t know what i should to do

Comment

Working...
        X