Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying neighbours share of garden?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying neighbours share of garden?

Hi. Would love some advice about steps to go through to buy my neighbours share of our communal garden. It's a small patch accessed via a short path at the back of the flats. Our leases confirm that it's jointly owned by the two flats. He rents the property out but does not inform the tenants that the garden is there so at present, it's really only for my use. I use it but only to hang clothes. I'd really like to buy him out so that I could feel happier about using it for veg growing and keeping a small shed there for bikes etc and we have briefly discussed the idea but I don't really know what the next steps would be. It's an entirely landlocked small piece of land so no possible change of use or building plot and no vehicular access at all - it's simply a small garden area. How would I go about getting an accurate value of the land so that I could approach him with an offer and what are the steps after that? Thanks!
Working...
X