Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allotment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allotment

Hi

I think the answer is going to be 'no' but i'll ask anyway...

i was thinking about applying for an allotment and by the time i get one (5yrs +) and i decided to sell my flat (no garden) and then handing the plot on to the flat buyer - as an added incentive.

Wondered what the law on that was!?

thanks

I would imagine the answer to be no!

The agreement/contract will be in your name therefore you will be responsible for the tendering of the allotment plot and annual fees associated with it.

I'm also not sure if an allotment plot is an incentive when buying a flat as it's not exactly a patio garden where you can sit out after a hard days work.

I know the frustration of waiting for an allotment plot..we've been on the waiting list for over a year and it could be 5-6 years before we get one

Nice thought though!
    www.ownerhome.co.uk
    commission free property sales and lettings

Comment

Re: Allotment

I reckon it's down to the people who run the allotments. A couple of friends of mine skipped the queue because they got to know the old guys who ran it all. There was a guy neglecting his plot(s!) and it suited them to get someone else in ... which is exactly what's happened. & that's saved them waiting 10 years - so my advice would be to get to know whoever's in charge!

Comment

its not what you know its who you know!

Comment

Might not be considered totally fair as other people will have been waiting on the list for allotments and might take exception. Although I would imagine if you know someone in the local authority you could get away with it,as expressed by Miles.
          Looking for a large mortgage?

Comment

Working...
          X