Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Phone line - stop nuisance calls

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Phone line - stop nuisance calls

Hi

I have just had my phone line reconnected in my new property and already im getting nuisance calls of "you have won....". How can i stop this?

I had assumed and hoped that as the number was dis-connecte for about a year that i would not get these calls.

I believe there is a way to register your number to not get these calls - having said that, my parents did this and still get nuisance calls.

Advice appreciated.

Thanks

You'll need to register with the Telephone Preference service - but do be aware that not all companies follow the rules on this.

Comment

thanks.
      can you please advise how i investigate and report companies who don't follow this...

Comment

Give the phone to a five year old.......

Comment

meaning that will get rid of them!? but we'll still receive more...!
          shirley there is a way to report companies for this? is it law or just guidelines?

Comment

The trouble with reporting such companies is that it's surprising difficult - BT certainly tell me who calls me, as I've tried reporting companies before that were autodialling my business phone regularly.

And that if the company is finally traced, and there are enough complaints, the OFT will give them a light slap on the wrist.

Most companies will obey the telephone preference service:
            TPS Registration

Some cowboys don't.

Comment

Google telephone preference services

Comment

Re: New Phone line - stop nuisance calls

I think BT have a service you can register with that eliminates Company Cold calling. I registered my home phone with them, and managed to get free caller ID as well which was pretty good.

Comment

this is good stuff, thanks

Comment

The TPS now have a similar service available for mobiles, worth knowing
                    Letting Agents Milton Keynes www.prestigemk.com
                    www.trading-standards-approved.org.uk

Comment

As other people have said, the telephone preference service is ideal and works a treat for both home and business use. Also it makes you feel important you can say "I don't take unsolicited calls and i'm on the telephone preference service"

You wont hear from them again.

Comment

You need to register with the Telephone Preference Service TPS
                        You can do it online and nuisance calls for me stopped almost straight away although it can take 5-6 weeks.

Be careful not to give you phone number to any businesses, especially online or the calls will re start. If a number is required just make one up or use a mobile number.
                        BRAND NEW HOMES
                        Information for UK new home buyers
                        New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

Working...
                        X