Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HIPs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIPs

We put our house on the market in July 2006, before HIPs can into force. It has been on the market continuously since without a HIP. Our estate agent says we now need one. Is this true? We have an EPG

heaven - my understanding was that every property now requires a HIP. Perhaps try a legal forum.

Comment

I'm amazed that the property has been for sale for 3 years without selling - I would certainly look to consider a different estate agent, unless you really do feel there are circumstances that justify the property being unable to sell through both the boom and bust periods!

Comment

We have changed estate agents about 4 times and on the verge of changing again. One estate agent has said we need a HIP; another has said that as we have been continually marketing we don't need one .
        It's a decent 4 bed, semi-detached, new bathroom, new kitchen, new downstairs loo, double-glazed, intergral garage, large living area... Been dropped in price 3 times...we can't understand why it hasn't been sold either!!

Comment

If your house has been on the market for the past 3 years, then I'd immediately think it's very over-valued, or else there's is something fundamentally wrong with it!

Have you had many enquiries? If not, the price is too high. Have you had enquiries, but no follow through? Something at issue with the property.

Simply immediate thoughts.

Comment

You say you have changed Estate agents 4 times...I'm presuming that over the last 3 years you have had viewings? If so what was the feedback from these? Your agent should be advising you better.

Yes, you do now need a HIP as of 6th April this year ALL properties should have one, regardless of it being on the market already. I wouldn't advise getting your HIPs from your agent though, as they usually inflate prices and won't let you take the HIPs with you if you decide to move from them. You can commission your own and either pay up front, or defer payment for 9 months (with ours anyway), usually costing between £350-£390 depending on whether its leasehold or freehold.

It may also be an idea to get someone impartial to have a look at your property...3 years is a long time! where do you live Beirut?! (sorry)
            www.ownerhome.co.uk
            commission free property sales and lettings

Comment

Re: HIPs

Ahhh HIPS... Great idea in principle, it would take a government to fxxx it up...

3 years on the market is a very long time... Are you still selling or are you waiting for prices to go up again? Cani book a viewing for 2013? hehe just kidding

Tim

Comment

HIPs are a nightmare.

Comment

HIPs no longer exist!

Comment

Now all you need is an EPC.

Infact you only need an EPC commissioned to market your property. Within which time you have 28 days to produce the EPC itself.

How's that for speeding up the chain!

Comment

HIPs , what a waste of time and money they were!!

Comment

Best thing the Conservatives did as soon as they came to power IMO.

Comment

Working...
                        X