Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homeserve Free plumbing & Drainage policy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeserve Free plumbing & Drainage policy

Hi

I have today completed on my first property. I rang Thames Water to transfer the account to my name, and they told me about the 'Homeserve Free plumbing & Drainage policy'. It is free for the first 3 months and then £74.25 for the remaining months.

Has anyone heard of this? Is it worth it?

I am thinking that for 3 momnths free (after which i can cancel) i would be a fool not to take it out - and then just cancel after 3 months. But with a lot of these 'cancel after 3 months' things i have had problems in the past!

All advice appreciated.

Thanks

I have a similar with Scottish Gas - took it out because we knew there were serious problems with our heating and boiler, and saved us a few hundred quid on the first call out alone (we've had them round at least a half dozen times since).

It can actually be a pretty good service, and to be honest, I'd recommend anyone moving into a new home consider a similar kind of plan - when moving into a new home, the last thing you want to have to deal with is serious snags left unchecked by the previous occupant. With a home care plan, at least you know such issues can be addressed quickly and simply, and without any real cost other than the monthly subscription.

The 3 months free is probably subject to a 12 month subscription, but to be honest, could be worth a full year subscription in the first place - certainly if you even have any basic inkling that there may be issues with your home.

Comment

Re: Homeserve Free plumbing & Drainage policy

Dont touch this with a barge pole!

In October 2011 all water authorities will be responsible for the water service pipe and drainage within the property boundary.

If you have a Homeserve Policy you will be wasting your money.

Insurance for condensing Boilers is another matter!
      BRAND NEW HOMES
      Information for UK new home buyers
      New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

Working...
      X